Monday, April 3, 2017

What We Ate Last Week - March 2017 Week 4

Here's our menu for last week, although we didn't make everything.  I hurt my back on Sunday and that, combined with Brent still being sick and starting school, kind of threw  meals for a loop.  I'm working on our menu plan for April though, so most of the things we didn't get to in March will just be pushed forward to April.


Monday 3/27
Breakfast:  Fruit, Frittatas
Lunch:  Fruit, Leftovers
Dinner:  Fruit, Avocado Toast

Tuesday 3/28
Breakfast:  Yogurt, Caramelized Banana Peanut Butter Toast - Another menu item lost to our stinky week. :(
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken, Orange Strawberry Avocado Salad with Citrus Poppyseed Dressing - This one is supposed to be inspired by my favorite salad from Panera Bread, so I'm really looking forward to putting this on the menu again and actually trying it.
Dinner:  Fruit, Chips, Guac, Fish Taco Bowls - Didn't get around to this one, but it'll reappear soon!

Wednesday 3/29
Breakfast:  Strawberry Cheesecake Toast - I was in too much pain to make/couldn't find brioche, so this one didn't get made.  I found a recipe to make my own though, so I'll definitely be making this soon!
Lunch:  Salad, Leftovers
Dinner:  Salad, Fruit, Rice, Slow Cooker Chicken Curry - This smelled really good while it was cooking in the slow cooker - my house (and fingers) still smell like curry!  Unfortunately, the curry flavor wasn't strong enough for me.  It was overpowered by the taste of jalapeno, which could be because I tossed it in the food processor with the coconut milk and spices.  Maybe I'll try it again, but cut the jalapeno in a few big chunks and fish them out afterwards.  That would probably help cut down the spice a little too.  it wasn't too spicy, but the leftovers will be spicier and we're kind of wussy when it comes to spicy things.  I'd probably up the curry powder and garam masala too...and the ginger.

Thursday 3/30
Breakfast:  Fruit, Yogurt, Grapefruit Yogurt Coffee Cake - I was all set to make this and realized I was missing the yogurt...whomp whomp.
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken, Orange Strawberry Avocado Salad
Dinner:  Fruit and Cottage Cheese, Baked Potatoes

Friday 3/31
Breakfast:  Yogurt, Caramelized Banana Peanut Butter Toast
Lunch:  Salad, Leftovers
Dinner:  Pancakes, Fruit

Saturday 4/1
Breakfast:  Gunnell Family Brunch between sessions of General Conference
Lunch:  Salad, Leftovers
Dinner:  Fruit, Salad, Leftovers

Sunday 4/2
Breakfast:  Barrett Family Brunch between sessions of General Conference - We brought muffins over to my dad's on Sunday.  I made banana (I'll share my banana bread recipe on here some day...) and these Rhubarb Streusel Muffins which were quite good.  I think they need a little bit of tweaking though, mainly some spices in the actual muffin batter.
Lunch:  Salad, Leftovers
Dinner:  Salad, Fruit, Leftovers

Let me know what you think if you try anything!

Keep giggling!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment